24-April-2012 – The Nova Scotia Curling Association is proud to announce the nominations for the 2012 NSCA Awards. The nominees, brought forward by the curlers, coaches, and administrators of the sport, reflect the best in Nova Scotia curling during the 2011-2012 season.
Topping the 2012 list with 3 nominations is Team Stuart Thompson, with nominees in Team of the Year, Male Athlete of the Year and Coach of the Year categories.
The NSCA Awards will be handed out at the Celebration of Excellence, April 28, 2012 at the Mayflower Curling Club. For more information and tickets please call: 1-902-421-2875 x345.
Team of the Year
• Team Delahunt – 2012 Canadian Senior Bronze Medalist
• Team Fay – 2012 NS Under 15 Girls & CWG Introspiel Girls Champion
• Team Murphy – 2012 NS MolsonCoors Tankard Champion
• Team Thompson – 2012 NS AMJ Campbell Jr Champion
Female Athlete of the Year
• Colter, Amanda – Third: NS AMJ Campbell Jr Women’s Champion
• Delahunt, Nancy – Skip & third rock thrower: NS Senior Women’s Champion
• Fay, Mary – Skip: NS Under 15 Girls & Under 15 PANS Jr Mixed Champion
Male Athlete of the Year
• MacDougall, Brent – Skip: NS Mixed Champion & NS Postal Champion
• Prest, Daniel – Skip: NS & Atlantic Under 18 Men’s Champion
• Thompson, Stuart – Skip: NS AMJ Campbell Jr Men’s & Under 21 PANS Jr Mixed Champion
Coach of the Year
• Flecther, Bill – Coach: NS Wheelchair Champions
• Patterson, Kevin – Coach: NS AMJ Campbell Jr Men’s Champions
• Smith, Ken – Coach: NS & Atlantic Under 18 Men’s Champions
The winners of the following two categories will be announced at the Celebration of Excellence but the presentation of the award will occur amongst their peers at the inaugural Presidents Dinner on May 26th, 2012.
Volunteer of the Year
• Waugh, Peter – Strait Area Community Curling Club
• Morris, Allen – Middleton Curling Club
Curling Centre of the Year
• Halifax Curling Club
• Truro Curling Club
The final award being presented at the Celebration of Excellence will be the inaugural Peter MacPhee Memorial Award. The Peter MacPhee Award is designed to be awarded annually to the male curler who best exemplifies the ideals Peter stood for. The recipient will be honoured for the 2010-2011 season and was selected by the MacPhee family.
For more information, please contact: